This Policy is consistent with the National Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended from time to time).
Malvern City Football Club Incorporated (A0049302)(MCFC), being a licensee of Football Federation Australia Ltd (FFA) and Football Federation Victoria (FFV) regards the proper management of personal information as a priority.
Why does MCFC collect personal information?
MCFC collects personal information:
• for the organisation, conduct and promotion of football competitions, matches, programs and products and related objects set out in FFV’s constitution;
• to process registration of individuals to participate in football competitions, matches, programs and products, as a player, official or otherwise;
• to identify, create and provide services and benefits, some of which may be provided by or in conjunction with FFA, Sport Education Development Australia (SEDA), the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) or other FFV partners and affiliated or associated entities, or through FFV’s website;
• to communicate with you and other stake-holders to provide football related information and offers from football administrators or other FFV partners;
• to maintain participation and service/benefit records, data and statistics;
• to identify, create and provide services to registered participants, officials, clubs, club members, zones, supporters, students, and members of the public;
• to satisfy its obligations as a Member Federation of the national governing body FFA and the international governing body Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) ; and
• to satisfy its obligations under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Vic) and otherwise at law.
FFV is authorised to use and disclose personal information from FFA’s MyFootballClub Customer Relationship Management System (MyFootballClub). Where reasonable and practicable, MCFC will collect personal information directly from you and may collect information about a minor from the minor’s parent or guardian. Personal information may also be provided by player agents in accordance with relevant contractual arrangements.
What if I do not wish to provide personal information?
Unless required by law, you can choose not to provide personal information. You can also choose not to identify yourself when dealing with MCFC or FFV. However, if personal information is not provided or you do not identify yourself, MCFC or FFV may not be able to provide to you certain services or benefits. In particular, in the absence of providing personal information, MCFC and FFV may be unable to allow registration or participation in football competitions, matches or programs.
Use and Disclosure
How does MCFC and FFV use and disclose personal information?
MCFC uses personal information only for the purposes for which information is collected and related purposes which can reasonably be expected.
MCFC may disclose personal information to the following persons, organisations or types of organisations for the purposes set out above, and only as appropriate:
• FFV, FFA, FIFA and other recognised football bodies;
• SEDA or other training providers;
• ASC, VicHealth or other industry bodies;
• affiliated football clubs or bodies;
• contractors or consultants, if necessary or appropriate, subject to appropriate confidentiality provisions;
• information systems and technology service provider entities, subject to appropriate confidentiality provisions;
• health providers, in relation to talented players, if necessary or appropriate;
• in limited circumstances, mailing houses; or
• MCFC’s insurer or insurance broker.
Also, any individual who is a club official may have his or her name and contact information published on the MCFC or FFV website in the Club Directory and in other MCFC or FFV publications.
MCFC will not sell its MyFootballClub database of registered participants or any other database developed by it except with the express or implied consent of relevant parties.
MCFC will provide where necessary or requested, opt-out mechanisms for certain communications, so you may decline the opportunity to receive further material of that nature from MCFC.
MCFC will not disclose any personal information to other parties other than for the purposes it was collected unless you provide your express or implied consent to us, with the following exceptions:
• Where there are grounds to believe that disclosure is required in order to prevent a threat to health or life;
• Where MCFC suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and it is appropriate to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
• The use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law, including on the reasonable request of Victoria Police or in response to a subpoena.
What if I do not want my personal information to be disclosed?
If you do not want your personal information to be disclosed, MCFC will endeavour to accommodate this request provided that disclosure is not required by law or for normal operational requirements.
However, please note if your personal information is not disclosed, MCFC might not provide to you certain services, benefits or opportunities.
MCFC takes reasonable steps to keep all personal information secure and to protect that personal information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including storing personal information in secure, password protected computer systems.
If MCFC determines that personal information is no longer needed for any purpose, MCFC will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
When using the MCFC or FFV websites you should be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although MCFC strives to protect such information, MCFC does not under any circumstances warrant the security of any information transmitted to it over the internet. Any information transmitted to MCFC or FFV over the internet is done so at the risk of the person or organisation transmitting the information.
A cookie is a data file that certain websites write to your computer’s hard drive when you visit such sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. In the authenticated section of the MCFC or FFC websites, cookies are also used to help manage security and authentication information.
Access, Corrections and Further Information
MCFC endeavours to keep personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should your contact details, address or other relevant details change, it is your responsibility to provide us with updated information. You may also contact MCFC for assistance in updating details if required.
If any person wishes to access, review or make corrections to his or her personal information held by FFV, the person may do so on reasonable notice by contacting MCFC or FFV. However, MCFC or FFV may refuse to provide any person with access to information where FFV is permitted by law to withhold that information or if satisfactory proof of identity is not provided.
If any person requires information about the way MCFC manages his or her personal information or has any queries, problems or complaints the person may contact MCFC on the details below.