- Malvern City Football Club welcomessuggestions, compliments, concerns and complaintsfrom Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and from any other interested party about any aspect relating to football and/or the conduct of any player, coaching staff member or volunteer at the Malvern City Football Club;
- Malvern City Football Club views any complaint, suggestion or expression of concern as an opportunity to improve the club and is keen to learn from incidents, including complaints;
- Malvern City Football Club Directors oversee and are responsible for ensuring all complaints, suggestions and concerns at Malvern City Football Club are dealt with promptly and thoroughly and in a fair, objective and unbiased manner;
- All complaints are treated with respect and sensitivity, and dealt with confidentially. This means that all information provided is shared only with those at Malvern City Football Club directly responsible in handling a complaint. A complainant’s comments or concerns will not be discussed with any individual member who has no direct responsibility to manage the concerns raised;
- Malvern City Football Club will receive and investigate anonymous suggestions, comments and complaints, but is then unable to provide feedback to those raising the issues to let them know how the situation has been addressed;
- Malvern City Football Club would like to make it clear to all stakeholders that no Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and/or any other interested party will be discriminated against or suffer any unjust or adverse consequences as a result of submitting a suggestion or comment, or making a complaint, about Malvern City Football Club;
- At Malvern City Football Club all suggestions, comments and complaints are handled without prejudice or assumptions about how minor or serious they are. The emphasis is on resolving the problem/issue to the satisfaction of the complainant and Malvern City Football Club as soon as possible;
At Malvern City Football Club:
- Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and any other interested party can make complaints on a confidential basis and can be assured their identity will be protected, or they may remain anonymous if they wish;
- Malvern City Football Club officials are instructed to report any complaint received immediately to the person in charge i.e. (the Director of Football), or if the Director of Football is not available to their direct coach or a board member of Malvern City Football Club.
- Malvern City Football Club are instructed to provide assistance to all Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and from any other interested party so that feedback and follow-up on a complaint may be provided effectively.
- Each Malvern City Football Club official is asked to be helpful and polite if a complaint, concern, suggestion or compliment is brought to him/her and ensure this is reported immediately to the Football Director;
Resolving a complaint at ‘point of contact’
The process of resolving the issue raised will include:
- The Director of Football will be informed, by the Malvern City Football Club associate when the complaint/comment has been received – immediately or as soon as possible and certainly within 24 to 48 hours the complaint was received;
- It is the Director of Football who is responsible for ensuring the complaint is either dealt with, if possible, at ‘point of contact’, or referred to the Malvern City Football Club committee members who are in charge of dealing with complaints;
- An expression of regret to the individual is made for any discomfort/harm suffered for EVERY complaint;
- An explanation or information about what is known, without speculating or blaming others is provided by the Director of Football as appropriate;
- Consideration of the problem/issue and the outcome the complainant is seeking is integral to the proposition of a solution;
- The person dealing with the complaint confirms that the complainant is satisfied with the proposed solution and if not, ascertains why and ensures the Director of Football and/or Malvern City Football President is informed as soon as possible, letting the complainant know that the Director of Football and/or Malvern City President will be informed of the complaint;
- The proposed solution is actioned (as appropriate);
Complaints administration and oversight
At Malvern City Football Club the Director of Football is responsible for:
- Establishing Malvern City Football Club complaints policy and procedure and monitoring the performance of Malvern City Football Club in relation to this policy and procedure;
- Co-ordinating investigation and resolution of complaints;
- Liaising with complainants;
- Ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve individual complaints;
- Authorising improvements arising from complaints;
- Consultation with other professionals as required to resolve complaints;
Malvern City Football Club – Director of Football is responsible for:
- A proactive approach to receiving feedback from Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and any other interested party;
- Investigation and review of complaints and follow-up action for serious complaints as designated by the Football Director;
- Making recommendations regarding changes to the Malvern Football Clubs complaints policy and procedure;
Promotion of feedback
Malvern City Football Club ensures Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and any other interested party are provided with information about Malvern City Football Club complaints policy which may be accessed through the Malvern City Football Club web site www.malverncityfc.com
Any changes to Malvern City Football Club complaints procedures are clearly communicated through the clubs website.
Malvern City Football Club receives complaints submitted by any means including verbal complaints, written complaints and material submitted electronically.
- Formal complaints are acknowledged in writing or in person within forty-eight (48) business hours of the complaint being received by Malvern City Football Club;
- The acknowledgement provides contact details for the person who is handling the complaint, how the complaint will be dealt with and how long it is expected to take;
- If a complaint raises issues that require notification of, or consultation with, an external body, the notification or consultation will occur within three (3) working days of those issues being identified;
- Malvern City Football Club aims to investigate and resolve all formal complaints within thirty (30) days of the complaint being received;
Open disclosure and fairness
- Complainants are initially provided with an explanation of what happened, based on the known facts;
- At the conclusion of an inquiry or investigation, the complainant and the Director of Football and staff involved are provided with all established facts, the causal factors contributing to the incident/event and any recommendations to improve and reasons for the decision;
Monitoring and evaluation
The Director of Football will monitor the amount of time taken to resolve complaints, whether recommended changes have been acted on and whether satisfactory outcomes have been achieved.
Malvern City Football Club receives FFV alerts from time to time, each one of these alerts is used to review and, as necessary, revise Malvern City Football Club policies and procedures, with any actions being reported through the Malvern City Football Club Committee.
Education regarding Malvern City Football Club complaints management
- Orientation to Malvern City Football Club for all Directors, Coaches and other associates will be provided as appropriate;
- All Players, Parents, Guardians, Volunteers and any other interested party of Malvern City Football Club receive a handbook with clear guidance on individual responsibility regarding receiving a complaint and how Malvern City Football Club deals with these complaints;
- Any change to Malvern City Football Club complaints policy and procedure is communicated to players, parents, spectators and other officials and volunteers as appropriate;
|Malvern City Football Club
|SENIORS/U18′s (Shirt: Blue Shorts: Blue Socks: Blue) JUNIORS (Shirt: Sky Blue Shorts: White Socks: White)
|P.O. Box 478 Malvern VIC 3144
Head Office Details
|Kooyong Park No. 3, Glenferrie Road
|Malvern City FC is located at Sir Zelman Cowen Park (formerly called Kooyong Park), Glenferrie Road, Kooyong – opposite Kooyong Tennis Club; driveway entrance is next to Vision Australia.